Sunday, November 29, 2009

Daniel Pink, who wrote the book "A Whole New Mind" believes that the future belongs to the right-brain person. If this is true there has to be a lot of changes in our society. Colleges still require good SAT scores, and high GPA for entrances to the better Universities. Most college courses are designed for left-brainers. Those who are college graduates are supposely our "future leaders" ... so what happens to the right-dominant person who struggles with test, numbers and language?

It's still not a fair playing field. When I went to college, I had to jump through left-brain hoops to get a B.A. in fine arts. I recall taking a essay test my senior year. I had three chances to pass the test. I failed the first two. Fortunately, I passed the last test. I wondered if the person giving the test had mercy on me? This is unfair for those who are extremely right-brain dominant. Can you imagine a university asking left-brained seniors to paint a masters for graduation requirements?

Right-brainers are measured by left brain standards, which keep them from higher paying jobs. Until colleges change their requirements for right-brainers ... the future will continued to be dominated by left-brained people.

What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment